HDMI (High Definition Multimedia Interface) allows users to connect their laptop, DVD player, Blu-ray player, cable box, and gaming consoles to their HDTV or 3D TV. It also connects with Home Theater Receivers delivering theater quality sound, and is great for streaming movies, video, and music, all from the internet and viewable on your TV through your selected device. HDMI is also good for data sharing and networking between devices. A lot of users enjoy every aspect that HDMI has to offer, especially gamers and movie junkies.
With gamers, the standard A/V cable (you know the one with the red, white, and yellow connectors) just doesn’t give them that in-game depth that they seek while playing. With sport games, using HDMI, the user can see every drop of sweat, the grass flying up on the football field, the nets move on the basketball hoop after a monster dunk, the blood wound from shooting your nemesis on you favorite FPS, and the list goes on. As for movies, the clarity is second to none. I rented Jet Li’s “The ONE” on Blu-ray, and was so overwhelmed by how different it looked when I saw it without the HDMI cable, I had to go out and buy it for my collection. HDMI was originally classified by versions. Recently HDMI Licensing, LLC changed this because the versions were not intended for consumers, but for manufactures. By changing this, it will cut down on the confusion between different HDMI cables and their intended use. There are five HDMI types. HDMI Standard, HDMI Standard with Ethernet, HDMI Standard Automotive, HDMI High Speed, and HDMI High Speed with Ethernet Fire Stick, Roku, Chromecast, PC, Laptop, Xbox, HDTV, DVD B07JMFC635.
- HDMI Standard is the basic HDMI cable for home entertainment. It can transmit video resolutions of 1080i or 720p, as well as surround sound.
- HDMI Standard with Ethernet does the same as HDMI Standard, but allows Internet connection for sharing and networking between devices.
- HDMI Automotive is designed especially for vehicles with HD compatible devices installed, such as navigation, DVD player, gaming system, etc. The chord is built to withstand the conditions of being installed inside a vehicle.
- HDMI High Speed is made to display higher video resolutions than HDMI Standard, such as 3D and 4k, while still supporting the surround sound.
- HDMI High Speed with Ethernet does the same as HDMI High Speed, but allows Internet connection for sharing and networking between devices.