The refilling of this cartridge is messy therefore it is advised that gloves should be worn and the place where refilling is done should be covered with a newspaper or some other absorbent material.
The following steps can guide you to an easy refill of your brother printer cartridges. The different models have little variations in the procedures other remaining the same.
Brother printer cartridge LC01C, LC01Y, LC01M and LC01BK (MFC 7000 series)
1. Place any absorbent material like a towel underneath before refilling the brother ink cartridges.
2. After filling ink in the syringe bottle remove the needle and put the cone shaped adaptor on it.
3. Find the hole in the cartridge through which the ink flows out and turn the exit port down facing your lap.
4. Slowly inject the ink from the syringe bottle into the cartridge until the ink starts coming out of the vent hole and is not foamy.
5. Now turn the cartridge the other way round so that the vent hole faces you and the exit port is towards your lap.
6. Put the needle back into the syringe bottle and inject the needle into the vent hole. Continue injecting till the ink comes out of the exit hole and stops foaming.
7. Leave the cartridge in this position for about ten minutes. Then repeat the 6th step and let it rest for another ten minutes.
8. Install the cartridge in the printer. If it has to be transported then an electrical tape can be used to cover the exit and vent holes but must be removed before printing.
Brother printer cartridge for Brother MFC-7150 and MFC-7160
There is a sponge inside the cartridge which makes the refilling procedure sticky. The first step remains the same.
1. Locate the exit hole at the bottom where there is a large plug.
2. Also locate the vent hole at the bottom which exists on the same side as the large handle on the top of the cartridge.
3. Turning the exit port towards the lap place the vent hole to the right and vice versa. Seal the exit port with a black electrical tape.
4. Take out the handle on the top of the cartridge. Inside you will see two metallic seals, the smaller one round and the larger one rectangular. Either remove the seals or make holes in them Cartridge Replacement for HP 951XL B07DMM9PBY.
5. To fill the syringe bottle with ink squeeze the syringe bottle and the needle be inserted into the ink bottle. Relax the grip and let the syringe suck the ink into the bottle.
6. Taking the syringe bottle slowly inject the ink into the sponge deeply through the rectangular hole till the sponge saturates.
7. Also inject ink in the round hole till the outer chamber is full. After injection seal the round hole with black electrical tape carefully. Also seal the rectangular hole with tape.
8. Put the plastic handle back on the top. Take the cartridge to a sink and remove the tape from the bottom. Let the extra ink drops flow out.
9. Printer should be installed now.
Brother printer cartridge LC41C, LC41Y, LC41M, and LC41BK
In this model the ink is retained because of the valve. The first step is the same.
1. Find the label saying LC41 with the letters such as C, M, Y or BK representing colors.
2. Holding the label side up, on the right side find a window towards the top of the cartridge. Make a hole in the window with a smoldering iron or some heated metal thing.